***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nature Bugs . . .

Three of my kids love being outside!! But, can I just say . . . enough with the snakes and frogs, already!!! Chad let the kids walk home from the commissary and they found this little snake on the way home. They were very excited. Whoo hoo . . . not! This one, I admit, is very cute. Noah caught it. He thought it was a grasshopper until he caught it. McKaylie's holding it in this picture. It would jump out of her hands and hang on her shirt. I guess these little guys live in the trees. This is the biggest frog they've caught this year. He doesn't look that big in the picture, but he was good sized. I think they should have left him in the pond they found him in. They did let him go shortly after this, though.

I don't have a picture of it, but the other day the kid's went to the park and brought home 6 frogs that they found in a puddle from the rain the day before. Yuck!


0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...