***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, March 27, 2009

Kids Make Me Laugh..........


Yesterday I was helping out with the book fair at the kid's school. I was taking the money, so when people were writing their checks, I'd get to talk to them a little bit. One teacher told me that one of her students came in that morning with a check for the book fair.
Student: "My mom said she didn't have any money in the bank, so she wrote me check."
I laughed and the teacher said, "Oh, that's not the best part. After she told me that, I thought to myself, I could do that, too! And so here I am."

I was talking with Noah yesterday, too.
Me: How was your day?
Noah: Terrible!
Me: Terrible????
Noah, laughing: No, it wasn't terrible. It was good.
Me: Aren't all days good days?
Noah: Yes, except for the bad ones.

Today I was helping out in one of the Kindergarten classes. We were working in small groups. My group was playing Rhyming Bingo. I told the kids a few words and they had to try and find a picture of something on their card that rhymed with them. Like, I would say "cat", "hat" and they needed to find "bat". I was working with one group and my clue words were "tell", and "well". One little boy yelled out "hell". I smiled and told him that did rhyme but I was sure it wasn't on his card and quickly found the "bell".

I woke up the other morning and McKaylie was sleeping at the end of my bed. Later that day:
Me: McKaylie, why were you sleeping in my bed?
Mc: I like your bed better than mine.
Me: Why, what's wrong with your bed?
Mc: You're not in it.


1 Comment:

Janice said...

Cindy - that is too cute! Gotta love children! It's amazing what you can learn!? haha. I'm glad you posted it so that whenever I need a good laugh, I can come visit your post again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...