***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Garbage Disposal Woes!

Last week I posted about Noah and the garbage disposal and every since then, my disposal has been a topic of frustration around here!

Friday afternoon I went to rinse out some dishes and the sink and garbage disposal were backed up. I called the housing office, but there was no answer so I had to leave a message for my trouble call, hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with that all weekend. Chad worked on it for awhile, but didn't have any luck. At a quarter to five, housing called and said they were sending someone over. The nice maintenance man showed up shortly after that. He asked if my washer was backing up too. When I told him no, he said I was lucky because the two are connected. I guess I'll call that lucky.

Saturday morning Chad and I ran to the store and left the kids to do the dishes. Myshel called to inform us that the dishwasher was full of nasty, dirty water. The water from the sink/garbage disposal had backed up into the dishwasher. We had to take all the dishes out and run it twice, empty, to get it cleaned out! Frustrating!

Last night Vance was changing the water in his fish tank and came in shortly after and whispered to me that he broke the garbage disposal. So, Chad and I went and checked it out. We had told Vance not to let any of the rocks from his tank get down there, but he said he forgot. mmmmHmmmmm Likely story! We worked on trying to get it un-stuck when the clamp or whatever it is, came loose and the disposal wasn't attached to the sink anymore. Not exactly the desired outcome! It took Chad awhile, but he got it back on and un-stuck.

Considering it's suppose to be one of life's conveniences, that disposal sure has been a pain in the bum!


0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...