***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, March 16, 2009

Family Portraits

Saturday we went to have our family pictures taken. It's been quite awhile since we've had our entire family in one picture. Well, that's not completely true, but it's been awhile since we've had them taken in a studio. I tried to make it easy........Everyone knew ahead of time, days ahead, tat we were going to do this. We were wearing white shirts, blue jeans, easy, casual, comfortable...................Uuuugggghhhhh! Saturday morning I heard complaint after complaint about anything and everything. Noah didn't want to wear his jeans, he wasn't going to wear his shoes, Vance didn't like the long sleeves, Myshel was put out with the whole thing. She half-heartedly fixed her hair, which I wasn't happy with at all. On the way there in the car she found out that we were having a picture taken with just her and then she was upset that she didn't take more time to fix her hair! So, apparently, she can look wonderful and beautiful for her own picture, but no the family picture. McKaylie didn't complain too much and Chad just knew better. We were late getting there and I was very grumpy! (Is there any questions now about why this doesn't happen very often????)

After all that, the pictures turned out pretty well. Despite the fact that Vance wouldn't smile in a single one! Teenage boys! I (of course) don't like the ones with me in them, at all, but that's a whole other issue. The kids looks so big and so much older. While I was watching them get their pictures done, I couldn't help but feel completely blessed at the beautiful family I have. Each one has their very own personal beauty. 4 completely different individuals, that contribute their own special traits to our family, helping make it whole. 4 little duplicates of Chad and I, but in their own right completely individual. I can't image life without any of them. I truly am blessed.

These are just the smaller/email-able pictures. I'm hoping that they'll still be clear enough on here.I love this one, it was probably my favorite of the all the kids. Just casual and fun and full of smiles....except Vance's! grumble grumble

Myshel
Vance
McKaylie
Noah


1 Comment:

gramjo said...

you are right Noah does look older and bigger. the others look the same.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...