***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, March 23, 2009

Catching Up a Little...............

I ended up taking McKaylie to the doctor last Thursday.........because of the rash.......AGAIN! I am so sick of that rash. The poor thing was covered practically head to foot. She was really itchy and giving her Benadryl helped with that, but it made McKaylie a mean little person! You can laugh, but it really did. She would get drousy and tired and grumpy and whiny and it was just ugly. There was a few times I considered not giving it to her, because it was just so hard to deal with her when she was taking it. The doctor suggested Claratin, which we tried and there was no difference. It helped with the itching, but she was still mean! She ended up staying home from school on Thursday and Friday. I've scrubbed and Lysoled my house more in the last month than in the last 6 months combined. We just can't seem to shake this virus. I'm wondering if they're not getting exposed to it over and over again at church or school or somewhere. It's very frustrating. Just when we think we're done with it, it comes back.

Our snow is melting and it makes me really excited for Spring. It's funny how seeing the ground and the brown grass, just makes you hopeful. I told was how excited I was that I could see the ground and it gave me this look, like "you are so pathetic, mom" and said, "you know it's going to snow again, right?" Yeah, I know it will probably snow again before spring is truly here, but I'm still getting extremely excited for spring, nonetheless.

I gave a talk in church yesterday. I think it went ok. I loved the subject, though, family prayer and family scripture study. It was a good reminder to get back to the basics. Without familly prayer and family scripture study, what good does everything else do? I am glad that my talk is over, though. I get very nervous until I'm actually up there giving it and then my nerves seem to calm down once I start. I thought I was doing pretty good, until they passed me the sacrament and I noticed that my hand was shaking. That little deacon probably thought I was crazy!

I printed off a bunch of stuff for Primary and only when I handed everthing out on Sunday, did I realize that instead of saying CUB SCOUTS, my sheet said, CUT SCOUTS. I guess I'll be doing that one again.

I saw this background and had to put it on my blog. I don't know if you can see all four monkeys on the sides (we have a wide screen monitor, so I'm not sure what shows up on the regular ones and what doesn't) but there are 4 monkeys swinging around, 2 bigger ones and two smaller ones. Just like my little monkeys as I refer to my kids often. So, I love this background! It's very fitting.

Chad's been reading the Twilight series lately. He's on the 4th book. I love that he's reading. It's nice to sit and bed and read together. When we were first married and didn't have a TV (oh those were the days) we used to read all the time. We also used to read out loud to each other and I loved that.

I have a busy week coming up. I have parent/teacher conferences, extra volunteer days at the school, speech, book fair, church activities, etc, etc. The list seems to go on and on. This week is our game night/date night with friends, though. That should be a very nice ending to a crazy week. I also get to pick up our portraits today. I'm excited to see them and get them on my wall!



2 Comments:

Your favorite sister said...

You are a busy lady! I hope you get rid of the virus once and for all! Hopefully no more snow! Although I would gladly take it from you! I am roasting down here! :)

I am sure you did great on your talk.

Meredith said...

I'm glad the snow is melting for you guys and you can finally see the ground. I'm sure you will have a beautiful summer and that will make up for the yucky winter!

I think it's cool Chad is reading the Twilight books. I don't think Travis would read them, but I told him he at least has to watch it with me when he gets back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...