***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, February 23, 2009

Say NO to Snow Days!

My kids have been out of school all of last week and the Friday before that. Today was the day they were going to go back and life would get back to a regular schedule............apparently not! We got 12 inches of wet, heavy snow last night, which ment.....no school today! I think I'm the only one disappointed, though. Myshel slept in, and the other 3 have been playing outside all day. Even the dogs seem to be enjoying it. The snow is piled so high in our backyard that Nutmeg manage to jump over the fence and have a little run before we brought her home. We had a big branch break off the tree in our backyard and land on the fence. (Our fence sure is taking a beating this winter) It took Vance, Myshel and me to get it off the fence. It was heavier than it looked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the kids are back in school tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Janice said...

wowsers! I guess it's safe to say that I hope we NEVER get stationed there! I would go nuts!

Unknown said...

We got a little over a foot of snow, too. The kids had so much fun playing in it yesterday.

My girls are on their way to school right now. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...