***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

McKaylie is home....

Yes, the virus has struck again and McKaylie was it's target! Her rash isn't nearly as bad as Vance's was (not yet, anyway) but she's still at home. It's the strangest thing, really. There's no other symptoms, just a red rash....all over her body. I called the doctor's office to see if they thought I should send her to school. They said it would probably be a good idea to keep her home today, especially since the nurse would probably just send her home anyway. I guess that's true, but if this virus affects her the way it did Vance, it won't clear up until the weekend. Does that mean I keep her home until it clears up? Because that's silly when she feels fine. Am I going to have to get a note from the doctor's office telling the school nurse that it's ok that she's there even though she has the rash, because that's silly, too! Maybe I'll just cover her up really good, long pants, long sleeves and hope that no one notices. :) Kid's and their little "bugs"......they make me crazy!

2 Comments:

Maine Mom said...

I hate it when my kids need to stay home from school when they are not hovering near death. If they are well enough to be up and around at home (driving me nuts) then they are well enough to be learning at school...even if they are sharing whatever is ailing them. :-) Having said that, it IS hard deciding what to do.

Janice said...

I know Nicole's Sophia had Fifth's disease. It had a rash, but it also had a fever or something. It was supposed to not be contagious anymore once the rash hit. I'm sure the doctor would have suggested Fifth's disease if you've already talked with them. Kinda weird how those childrens "illnesses" can be, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...