***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello, Doctor?

Last night Vance came to me, all casual like, and showed me his arms. They were covered in a red rash. It looked like hives. I checked his back and stomach and they were covered in the rash, too. Legs? yep, them, too! I couldn't image what it could be from. I gave him Benadryl and we tried to think of everything that he might have eaten, or been exposed to that might have caused it. We couldn't come up with anything. I figured we'd let the Benadryl do it's thing and see how it looked in the morning. But, it looked even worse the next morning. We gave him some more Benadryl and called the doctor. We couldn't get in until 2:15PM. It didn't surprise me that they couldn't tell me for sure what caused it, but it did surprise me that the doctor told us that it probably wasn't something he'd eaten. She said that she really thought it was from a virus and that it would just have to run it's course like a virus does. So Vance gets to be home for the next few days, feeling groggy because of the Benadryl. I swear, I think that our family must keep the Martin's Point Medical Clinic in business.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Be thankful for your medical insurance!

I hope the rash goes away quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...