***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cindy!

Yep, today is my birthday. I am 39 years old. I realized the other day that 39 is the age that no one really believes. You know, you tell someone you're 39 and they wonder if you're really 39 or if you're older and just saying you're 39. But it doesn't really matter to me, because honestly, I don't care that I'm 39. My age doesn't bother me.....and really, birthdays are just another day. But it is always nice when you get to have a nice day and feel special, here's how my birthday is going so far......................


At 5:30AM Noah crawled into my bed and stuck his freezing cold feet on my nice warm legs. I did not appreciate it! The dog was laying on one side of me, Noah was on the other and I couldn't move. Chad came in around 5:45AM told me good-bye, wished me happy birthday and left. He has duty today, so I doubt I will see him again until tomorrow afternoon...............

I managed to free myself from the bed and get up around 6AM only to find Vance pouting around the house because of his neck brace (It's one of those soft ones and it's for a pinched nerve in his neck-nothing serious--I'll post about it later) McKaylie got up and started watching TV, something she's not suppose to do before school..........

I'm grumpy now. I go and pick up Myshel it's 7 degrees below zero, the car takes it's sweet time warming up and her chipper mood annoys me. She does tell me Happy Birthday, and that dad told her to be nice to me today, which means he probably told her it was my birthday, too.............

I come home, Vance is still grumbling about the neck brace so I tell him just to take the thing off, that if he doesn't care then I'm done worrying about it, too. I don't want to listen to him complain anymore. He takes it off, but is still a bear. He leaves for school.................

Noah and McKaylie still aren't getting ready for school. Noah informs me that there is no school and protests about it for about 10 minutes. I go back and forth with the 2 of them trying to get them ready for school, convincing Noah that there is school today and that the bus is coming soon. They finally finishing getting ready and after I finish brushing Noah's teeth, he tells me that I'm mean and he wants dad to get him ready for school from now on. The bus comes, we rush to get coats/hats/gloves on, they hurry to the bus and as I wave to them as they get on, I'm thinking to myself..........
I think I have a bad attitude, today!



4 Comments:

Unknown said...

That's not the way to start a birthday! I hope the day got better. That birthday cake says it all!

Kids Cooking Activities said...

HA! You forgot to end and then I was home alone and took a nice long bath, read a book, took myself out to lunch, ate bon bons, watched a movie, bought myself a new outfit, etc, etc,

Janice said...

Happy Birthday Cindy! I'm sorry I'm a day late! Oh golly... I feel bad about how your day started. I have to admit that I would definitely feel the same as you ended your post if all that happened to me. Why can't the children/husband cooperate and not complain for 2 days out of the year!? (Mother's Day and Mom's Birthday)

Your favorite sister said...

Oh you poor thing! I hope your day improved. Sorry we had no internet access yesterday :(

I like that birthday card! It's very cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...