***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm Gonna Tell........


When someone does something that Noah doesn't like, he comes to me and tells me that I need to talk to them about it. Probably because when he would tattle, my answer was often, "I'll talk to (culprit's name) about it". On Sunday I had a meeting with the stake primary presidency after church, so Chad and all the kids were hanging around outside waiting. Myshel's friend, Cody, was there, too. It had rained for several days, so there was a huge puddle right next to the church building. The older kids told Noah that they were going to throw him in there. He thought it was funny until Cody picked him up and pretended to throw him in. Noah was not pleased! I came out of my meeting shortly after this all took place and we headed home. This is the conversation on the way home.

Noah: "Mom, you need to talk to Cody," and then something I couldn't understand
Me: "I need to talk to Cody? About trying to put you in the puddle?"
Noah, very adamantly: "No, mom, you need to talk to Cody's mom about Cody trying to put me in the puddle!"
Me, trying not to laugh: "You know Cody wouldn't really have thrown you in the puddle."
Noah: "Yeah, but it still wasn't nice and you need to talk to his mom about it."
Me: "Ok, Noah"
Noah: "I'm serious"

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...