***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Highlights of our Week.........

So, this is what we've been up to:

Friday night Vance camped out with the scouts. The temperature was somewhere in the teens during the night! I can't believe they even wanted to go. Vance had fun, though, except for when he caught his pant leg on fire. They're all having a great time joking around about it, but seriously, he's sooo lucky he wasn't hurt. It burned through his pants and his thick wool sock, but didn't burn his leg. Scary! I'm so glad I wasn't there to witness it for myself.Myshel slammed her thumb in the door. I'm not sure exactly how that happened, but I know it hurt. I felt really bad for her. The ice and Motrin didn't seem to help much. She's not particularly thrilled that her nail will probably fall off either.What's taking the most of our/my time is the packing. All the kids are questioning why we started packing so soon, since we won't be moving until Dec 10th. My answer, "I have to! I have to pack when I have the chance." I know that Dec 10th is going to sneak up on me and I'll wonder how that happened. Not to mention the fact that we'll have Thanksgiving and Myshel's birthday between now and then. I'd like to have quite a bit of the cleaning done ahead of time, too. So, our living room is starting to look like this..............I think the kid's are used to me/us packing anyway. We don't usually have to pack our own boxes! That's what the moving company does, except we're the moving company this time.

We can't get inside the new house yet.....frustrating because we know it's empty! Chad and I did go check out the backyard/garage/storage, though. (All the places we could check out) We're excited about the yard. It's nice sized, protected by a little hill and the best part, it has grass!!!!! It looks like we'll have lots of storage, too. I'm getting excited about this move. It will be nice to get everything done and be in the new house.


1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad Vance didn't get hurt when his pant leg caught on fire! That is scary. And poor Myshel. Ouch!

Looks like you've been productive packing. December 10th will be here before we know it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...