***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Sweet 16!

Myshel's 16th birthday was Wednesday the 26th! I can't believe she's 16. That makes me feel a little old, you know. I shouldn't be old enough to have a 16 year old daughter. She was actually born on Thanksgiving morning, which, of course, made 1992 our best Thanksgiving ever! Not only did I become a mother on that Thanksgiving morning, I was Myshel's mother and what a amazing blessing she has been! She is truly a wonderful daughter of God and we are so proud and honored that she is a part of our family.

She doesn't get her present until this weekend, but she did have a couple of her friends over on her birthday. She's been waiting anxiously for months to see the movie Twilight (she even decided to not see it on it's opening night so that she could see it on her birthday) so we took her and her friends to it . It was very good, I have to admit.

This was her official "first date" with Cody. There was her, Cody, her friend Savannah, Vance, Chad and me. That's the kind of dating I like my daughter to do!!! She didn't mind at all and we all had a fun time. We came home and ate cake and ice cream. I think she had a great day and is just excited that she can say that she's 16 years old, although, it makes me cringe a little! Happy Sweet 16, Myshel we love you soooo much!Savannah, Myshel and Cody

1 Comment:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Boo Hoo Hoo, that is the sound of me crying over Myshel growing up. But actually it is really cool just truly amazing.
You are a beautiful 16 year old, Myshel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...