***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Fun Continues......

I am so tired!!!! That's all I can think about today. I am just sooo tired. I'm not grumpy (believe it or not), I'm not in a bad mood, I'm not even all that frustrated. I'm just so very tired!

NOAH: Yesterday I sent Noah to school. He had been rubbing his eyes just before he got on the bus, but I didn't think much about it. I called the schools to let them know that Vance and McKaylie were at home sick and that I wouldn't be able to join Noah for his speech therapy that day. Later that morning I got an email from Noah's speech teacher that she had gone to get him and he was on his way to the nurse, looking rather sick.............So, I waited for a call from the school nurse telling me to come and get him. I called Chad to see if he'd be available to go and get him if I was at the doctor when she called. I waited, but the call didn't come. So, being the mom that I am, I worried about him, but didn't call the school. Since I was trying to get Vance and McKaylie into the doctor, I decided to trust the school nurse and his teachers to make the best decision for him.

When Noah got off the bus, he looked like he'd been in a fight. I couldn't believe it. Apparently he'd spent the whole day rubbing his eyes, until they were red and slightly bruised around them. He looked terrible. (I wish I had thought to take a picture of him) So, I picked him up and carried him home. I asked him how his day was and he said, "not good". He told me that he went to the nurse, but he didn't have a fever and they couldn't find anything in his eyes, which was all true. He actually was fine staying at school, but he just looked so miserable with his big black eyes! I gave him some cold medicine to help with itchy watery eyes and cold rag to put over them. It seemed to help.

MCKAYLIE & VANCE: I did get Vance and Mckaylie to the doctor's office. All the doctors were completely booked, so we ended up seeing the nurse practitioner. I like her, but I'd rather have seen the doctor. She checked them both out, discussed everything and then sat there trying to figure out what, if anything, she should do. She finally decided to put McKaylie on an antibiotic, thinking that she might have a sinus infection (not really sure, though) There was no obvisous reason that she has been running a fever for 5 days. She decided to do some blood work on Vance, thinking that he might have mono, again, really not sure. She said his throat looked terrible, but his strep test was negative and his lymph glands were the size of golf balls. That just can't be good.

So we left, feeling like we hadn't gotten much information, though. Vance reluctantly let them take some blood, we picked up McKaylie's prescription and went home to wait for the blood test results. Around 7PM the nurse called me and told me that Vance's test for mono was negative. They would get the results from his blood count the next day and call me. I'm predicting that they're not going to find much. It's probably a nasty virus strain and we're just going to have to wait it out.

Vance was in bed and asleep at 6:30PM, McKaylie fell asleep on the floor around the same time. Noah fell asleep around 7:30, but his cough woke him up consistently throughout the night.

Today, I have 3 kids home from school. Tomorrow Chad goes into the hospital for his "procedure", so it would be very nice to have everyone healthy enough to go back to school. I wonder what kind of small miracle that would take......

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your able to get a nap in today, Cindy. Get better McKaylie, Vance, and Noah. Good luck tomorrow, Chad. Hang in there everybody!

Unknown said...

Me again! That should say you're, not your.

Jan said...

Hope everyone gets well. I know those tired days. Oh I hope you get some rest. Hang in there.

Your favorite sister said...

Oh my goodness! I hope they all start to feel better soon. How miserable for all of you. I hope you get some sleep sometime soon. And best wishes to Chad for what he has to go through!

Life ticks on said...

Cindy,
I am so sorry all the kids are sick. I hate that. I hope that she ran a regular strep test too. My youngest got a negative on the rapid strep (and I do to everytime they give me one) but 2 days later they called and said she did in fact have strep.

Anyways I am so sorry eveyone is sick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...