***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, November 3, 2008

Carving Pumpkins, Halloween, and Fevers.....

Thursday night we carved our pumpkins. The kids always love carving them and Chad and I enjoy it a lot, too. Even the dogs were enjoying it, a little too much if you ask me. This was the first year that Noah actually carved on his pumpkin. He really enjoyed hacking away at it, and I mean hacking away at it. Chad helped him and it did turn out looking pretty good.

We took McKaylie and Noah trick-or-treating in the navy housing in Brunswick. They certainly had a lot of fun and came back with a whole lot of candy. It wasn't too cold either, which made it much more enjoyable for everyone. Myshel and Vance might not have been able to go trick-or-treating, but they sure are enjoying the fruits of their sibling's labor!

Saturday morning we had a primary activity. They kids helped make letters for our missionaries. We had a pretty good turn out considering it was the morning after Halloween.

We stopped by Walmart before going home and ran into 3 other families that were at the activity. McKaylie started complaining that she didn't feel good and when she asked if she could just go home and lay down, I knew something was wrong. We brought her home and she had a fever of 102 degrees. I felt so bad. Sunday she was still running her fever and at one point it was 103.5. I hate that. I've never liked it when they run high fevers.
This morning her fever was still hanging on, so I decided to take her to the doctor, just to make sure it wasn't something more. (I'm so grateful we have the insurance to do that!) They assured me it was just a virus. We stopped at Walmart (again) on the way home to get juice. While we were waiting to check out, McKaylie told me that she hated this store. When I asked her why, she said, "because it always makes me feel sick". I took a closer look at her and she was looking really pale. I looked at my watch and realized that the Tylenol I had given her wore off about 20 minutes earlier. I hurried and got her back home, took her temperature again and it was 103.8. Yikes!!!! She was so miserable. I gave her some more medicine, a popsicle to eat and a cold rag on her forehead. After about 45 minutes you could tell she was starting to feel a bit better. I sure hope her fever breaks soon. It's one of those difficult things about being a mom. It's just so hard to see them suffer and not be able to do much. This little rollercoaster she's on isn't very much fun for either of us!



1 Comment:

Shauna said...

How fun! Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...