***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Busy Night with a Helping of Guilt........

Chad had to work last night. We don't feel like we've seen much of him lately. Yesterday, I had a parent teacher conference at 4:20PM, (with McKaylie's teacher) which went great. She's doing really well. I got home around 4:50PM. I left again at 5:15PM to do a primary presidency service project at the church. At 7PM I went home and checked on the kid's. You know, make sure they haven't killed each other, that they've eaten dinner, they're not plotting a riot.............I was home for about 10-15 minutes before I had to leave for a "Girl's Night Out". It's a potluck where the ladies in our ward get together once a month and celebrate the birthdays for that month--not an official church activity, but usually ladies from church. As I said my good-byes (for the 3rd time that night) McKaylie came and gave me a big hug.

"Please don't leave again, we need our mommy!"

That hurt! I went anyway, filled with a sufficent amount of guilt. We were having a little good-bye for my visiting teacher partner this month, so I wanted to be there. I left the Girl's Night Out around 8:30PM, made a quick stop at Walmart and got home around 9:15PM. I had been home a total of 35 minutes since 4PM and my kid's had spent the entire time on their own (Chad was at work the whole night), on a school night. They lived, yes. They were fine, yes. But, I still went to bed feeling very guilty.

3 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Oh, enjoy it!

Unknown said...

That is sweet what McKaylie said...although I can see why it would produce guilt feelings. I'm sure your time to yourself is far less than your time with your children and time doing things for your children, so I hope the guilt didn't ruin your Girls Night out. I like that idea, by the way.

Good luck with the rest of your busy week and with your move! It will be nice for your family to be in a house with a garage. :-)

Kadi, John and girls said...

So every time I would click on your Blog to see updates, it would automatically go to the "August" "Travel Logs" page. I thought, wow Cindy hasn't updated her page in a long time and the tonight I realized that you had "newer posts"!!!!! Fun to see the ward Activity etc.... You guys have a cute BLOG!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...