***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another Day's Ramblings......

I managed to get all my kid's off to school again today. That's 2 school days in a row! WhoooHoo! It feels like they were sick for such a long time. I'm getting a little congested myself, but trying desperately not to get any worse. I just don't have time to be sick.

At our house is always so busy this time of year, actually from about mid October until the end of the year, it's a little nuts. I'm really in awe, though, that it's already November. This year sure has seemed to fly by......so, mid October, we're getting ready for Halloween and Noah's birthday, then we move on to getting ready for Thanksgiving, and Myshel's birthday (she'll be 16 this year!!!!! YIKES) and then on to Christmas and New Year's. It sure seems to keep us running. I'm trying to take a few breathes, remind myself to just enjoy this time of year and relax a little. I'm not sure how well it's working, though. It's so easy to lose track of the important things, isn't it? This year, I'd just like to appreciate the blessings of the seasons (Thanksgiving and Christmas), the blessings of my family and stress a whole lot less on the "other stuff".

Chad is doing really good after his shoulder manipulation on Friday. The pain isn't nearly as bad as we anticipated it would be, which is always nice. (Priesthood blessings are wonderful!!) There is a physical therapist out there that is now on Chad's "bad" list, though. Apparently, she's awfully rough. I'm just wondering if the others weren't too soft!?!

I personally have 3 appointments in the next 3 days and that's not counting the church acitivites for the kids, school things and Chad's work. It's just that time of year at our house! Better get going............

2 Comments:

Maine Mom said...

I'm glad Chad is doing good.

This IS a fun, but busy time of year! Do your kids have a week off for Thanksgiving? Mine do.

Janice said...

Wow! You all have a lot going on this time of year! We are similar, not quite as many birthday's in there - but you know how it goes getting ready for a deployment. Well, we keep you in our thoughts and prayers! I hope you are able to ward off the worse of the illnesses going around.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...