***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, September 12, 2008

Yeah for Noah!!!

Lot's of you know how worried I've been about Noah starting school. He's such a funny guy and very particular about what he likes and doesn't like. There's no "grey" areas for him. It's either black or white. He loves it or he hates it....period! I knew that he needed to have a great start to the school year, not only for this year, but for his entire school experience. If he didn't like Kindergarten we would be fighting him about school for years to come. I pictured it many many times in my head before school started. It was something that I prayed and prayed about. It helped when we were able to change the kids to the new school, but, as a mom, I still had that underlying fear.

Noah did great on his 1/2 days at school, but when the routine changed on his days off, I wasn't sure about how he'd do going all day. He was ready and happy to go yesterday morning, though. I hoped and prayed all day that he would have a good time and enjoy being there for the whole day. I worried for nothing, though. I met him at the bus and he was all smiles! He talked and talked about his day and how fun it was and how much fun PE was.

This morning when I picked Myshel up from seminary (One of Noah's teachers at school is Myshel's seminary teacher!) she told me that his teacher told her that he was the helper for the day and that he was so proud of himself and he sat in the helper's chair in front of the room ( I can't believe he did that!) and raised his hand to answer questions. She said he was great! I was so relieved to hear that from her and from him. It's been a huge blessing to have Noah enjoying school and that he has such a great school to be at.

I miss having Noah at home, but I know that he was ready to go to school. Most of the tears I've shed in the last couple of weeks have come over seeing Noah grow and mature and take on this school experience and do so well with it. I think he was more ready that I thought he was. Plus, this school has such amazing people and services there. What a blessing it is to our family. I am so glad that, at least right now, I can say, "Noah loves school", and that's all I wanted for him.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that Noah loves school! Sounds like he is off to a great start. :-)

Have a great weekend!

Your favorite sister said...

Yay for Noah! Yay for good teachers! Yay for Mom's who let go of their babies, even when it is difficult!

Katy said...

I am so glad he is loving it Cindy!!!! That is FANTASTIC!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...