***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, September 12, 2008

School's not for the Dogs.....



Yesterday was the first full day that the kids were at school. I think I did pretty well with it. The house was really quiet though and that seems to make that lonely feeling more pronounced. I'm doing ok with it, though. I can definitely appreciate having some quiet time. When the kids are home it seems like "quiet" doesn't exist.

The dogs on the other hand didn't like it. They paced and whined. Vanilla followed me around even more than she usually does. They barked and jumped at every little noise from outside or the neighbors. I finally turned the TV so that they'd have some noise and stop noticing all those little sounds that they weren't used to hearing. It seemed to help. Vance was the first one to come home and they were soooo excited to see him. They acted like he'd been gone for a week. Today they're doing better, but I think it will take them awhile to appreciate the "quiet".

1 Comment:

Your favorite sister said...

Astro is the same way! He is so bored with just me. As soon as the door opens, and those kids come in, he is all over them. They can barely get in the door!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...