***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, September 8, 2008

My Most Asked Question......

What are you going to do with yourself now that all your kids are in school?

I've heard that question sooo many times lately, I can't count them any more. Even Myshel asked me. It's a question I've asked myself, too and also one that Chad and I have discussed. Unfortunately, I don't have a very exciting answer, at least not exciting to most people.

I considered getting a job outside my home. But then, I've never had a time since the kid's started school (10 years ago) that I could be completely free to volunteer at their schools and not have to worry about who was going to watch the little one(s) at home or whether it would work to bring them along. I would really enjoy being able to do that. I also feel like I need to be available for my kids when/if they need me during the school day and I don't want to worry about getting time off work to do that. And to be completely honest, I don't want another job right now. I feel like I have so much to do at home already. When I talked to Chad about it, he told me that I've earned this time to myself and I should enjoy it. He also told me he didn't want me to work right now. That made me feel good. He might have just been buttering me up for something, but that's ok.

So, with all that said, what am I going to do now that all my kids are in school?

*volunteer at the schools (3 different schools)
*finish editing my sister's web pages
*get caught up on my scrapbooking (is that possible?)
*finish my craft/sewing projects (there's sooo many)
*organize and enter all my recipes on the computer (a huge job)
*organize my "blog book" so that I can publish it
*enjoy "Cindy" time (I'm not sure what that is yet)

Not to mention....

*laundry
*dishes
*vacuuming
*mopping
*dusting
*cooking
*grocery shopping
* etc, etc, etc

In other words, I'm going to try and accomplish the things that I really didn't have any time to do before and all the everyday things that I need to do around my house. And, I have a feeling, I'm going to stay very busy with it all.

2 Comments:

Your favorite sister said...

OK I just have to laugh!! Ben has asked me that same question! I have a lot of friends here that work and I just am not ready for that! So my answers are exactly the same as yours. Ivan is only in school M-Th 8:15-10:45 but what am I doing in my free time? Volunteering at the school, catching up on scrapbooking etc. etc.My answers totally mirror yours!

Life ticks on said...

I am getting the same thing too! My youngest one started Kinder this year too (unfortunately she has been out yesterday and today because she got sick friday!).

I have spent so much time at the schools volunteering and driving them to and from or the stuff they forgot, and the household stuff PLUS my own classes I have NO TIME! haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...