***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Catchin' Up....

Well, let's try and get caught up.....

We finally convinced the school's superintendent to let us change schools. It was exactly what I wanted, but I was a little nervous about it still. We went in to register the kids at the new school and have their records transferred the very next day. From the moment we talked to the ladies at the front office, I knew it was the right thing to do. They were so nice and helpful and friendly, the complete opposite of what we had at the other school. I felt so much better, and the icing on the cake was that Noah got the teacher we wanted. I actually asked if he could get into her class, but was skeptical about whether they'd consider it. They were really really nice about it and put Noah in her class! YEAH!!!! The teacher we wanted for him is in our ward and I've just been completely and totally impressed with her from the moment I met her. I was talking to another lady at church this last Sunday (her son is in Noah's class--another Yeah!) and I was telling her how excited I was that Noah was in this teacher's class because I just loved her so much. Her response was, "Oh, Cindy, Sister____ has a gift with kids. It's not that she's great with them, she has a gift with them!" Which made me that much more excited about this school and where Noah will be for his first year. I really feel like our prayers were answered. Even McKaylie seems very excited about the new school is ready to go.

Chad's continuing to do well with his recovery. He gets his staples out tomorrow. I think he's a little nervous about it, though, because then he'll have to start exercising it more, which is going to hurt. He's pretty tough. I think he'll do fine. He definitely doesn't like to be waited on, so maybe that will help him get through the pain. We're enjoying having him around. We just don't get very many chances like this with the navy. I think he likes being home, too, but they call him almost every day asking him about things. It makes you wonder what they'd do if they couldn't call him.

I think all my kids are ready to go back to school and I am very ready for them to go back, too. I'm not usually one to completely appreciate schedules, but I think we'll all benefit from it this fall. This summer has gone by so fast, though. It doesn't feel like we've had much of a summer at all.

McKaylie will start soccer this week. She begged and pleaded for us to find her a soccer team to play on and assured us that she'd play and be happy about it. So, we signed her up for soccer, paid the fee and took her to the first meeting, where she announced to us that she didn't want to play anymore. Ohhh she makes me crazy! I'm not sure what we're going to do. We can't get our money back now and I don't know if we can convince her to play. Chad and I still have to "talk it over". I don't want to force her, but I'm also not happy that she knew we were paying for her to play and then she wants to quit before she even gets started.
I think that's about it for now....

2 Comments:

Janice said...

Sounds like things are going well. I am happy that you were able to get your children into a school that you feel more comfortable with. Isn't it amazing how the Lord provides? I think of you guys often and hope all is well!

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything worked out getting into the new school and Noah getting the teacher you wanted. We're looking forward to school starting, too!

I'm glad to hear that Chad is recovering well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...