***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

There ARE Moose in Maine!

Chad and I joke around about how there really aren't any moose in Maine. That it's just a tourist scheme to get people to come here. We say that because we've have lived in Maine for 4 years now, and have never seen a moose here......

That is until now!!!! That's right, I was driving to Portland to pick Chad up from the airport last Saturday night and while I was driving I saw a moose on the side of the road! Oh, of all the times I've wished that I had my camera with me!!!!!! It was just a juvenile moose, nowhere near as big as the one in the picture, but it was still a moose.....in Maine....and I saw it! I guess having Chad's plane delayed twice and having to be at the airport at 9PM had it's hidden blessings!

So, I can tell you all, that there really are moose in Maine, well.....at least one.... young one!







(Just as a note, we've never actually gone looking
for the moose. We've been told many, many times to go up north and we'll see more than our fair share, but obviously it's just not that important to us.)



1 Comment:

Laurie said...

Wow, very cool. Personally, I think moose are kind of scarey looking so I'd be okay with not ever seeing one in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...