***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mmmmmm Blueberries!


There's 3 main things I love about Maine, the rocky coast lines, the lobsters, and the wild blueberries! When we lived in Winter Harbor, we could find the blueberries growing wild everywhere we went. We could stop just about anywhere on the the side of the road and pick them. It was great. You can't find them that easily down here. So when a lady from my ward told me where I could go and pick them...for FREE....I was so excited! The field she sent me to was loaded with them. I kept forgetting to take my camera with me, though, or I'd have a picture of them growing wild. I might have to take a drive out them, just for a picture. We've been out there 3 times picking them and we've had enough to make jam, freeze some and can some. We ended up with a lot of leaves and some not-so-ripe berries, but that's what you get when a 5 year old helps, right?! The kids probably won't admit it, but they had a good time out there and so did I! And, now we have yummy blueberries!!!

1 Comment:

Laurie said...

Oooh, blueberries are considered close to gold in our house. Not even one ever is allowed to be wasted. They don't grow around here though so when I get them, it's a pretty big deal. I hear they are not so fun to pick though. I'm impressed that you take your kids out to do that with you. What great memories for them. With a yummy reward.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...