***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How Could I Forget................


I was reminded that I haven't blog about the gecko-lizard that has joined our household. So, here is Jorge (pronounced, hor-hey). Vance saved up all his money and decided to buy a lizard-gecko and all it's "stuff". He managed to talk us into it to. Jorge is a baby. He's about 4 inches long from nose to tail, eats live crickets and sleeps all day. Jorge lived at our house for about a week. Jorge is now dead. But, it's not our fault! Jorge had a guarantee for 15 days, so when we took his little body back to the pet shop, they didn't act surprised at all. In fact, they told us that they weren't surprised, because that batch of geckos was just too young. WHAT???? Why were they selling them then?? Vance spent a week worrying about Jorge only to find out that Jorge really didn't even have a chance at life. They told Vance that they'd give him his money back or he could get another gecko. Vance opted for another gecko (of course)........... This is Gobi (like the desert) Gobi is also about 4 inches long, eats live crickets and sleeps all day. Gobi is also fatter and more lively than Jorge was. He's also been alive longer. We've had Gobi for about 3 weeks, I think. Vance is much happier now, too. I can't say that having a lizard in my house is exactly what I would have chosen, but Vance is just so interested in snakes and lizards that I just couldn't say no. Besides, I'd take a lizard over a snake any day!


0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...