***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chad Update.......


Chad's been having trouble with his shoulder for almost a year now. After talking/working with 3 different doctors over the last 6 months, they've finally decided to do surgery on his shoulder. He's at the point right now, that he can't even put on his shirt without it causing him serious pain. It's been hard to watch him suffer through, trying to find/workout a solution. I never wanted Chad to have to have surgery, but if it will relieve the pain I know that he's dealing with, I think it's the right choice.

So, when Chad went to talk to the doctor on Tuesday, I knew they would schedule his surgery. I just didn't expect it to be so soon or to have such a long recovery. They're doing the surgery August 15. He'll have to stay the night in the hospital, so that they can monitor his pain. Then he'll have to be in a sling for 5 weeks! They've requested 3 weeks of convalescent leave. We don't know if he's get the full 3 weeks yet, though. The doctor told him that the recovery is really painful, but once it's over, he shouldn't have any pain at all. That's good and that's the outcome we want, but it still makes me worry about him.

2 Comments:

Little Hensley Fam said...

Cindy,
I'll keep you guys in my prayers that it will all go well! I think I'd be worried too! Make sure to let us all here in the blogging world know how it went okay? Miss you!
Deborah

Unknown said...

Sounds like a painful process, but if the final result is a pain-free shoulder, then I'm sure it's worth going through. I'll be thinking of you both on the 15th.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...