***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, July 14, 2008

Picnics, Parties, Parting, Talks, and New Callings.....Oh My!

Friday night was our ward picnic. It was at a local park here in Topsham. There's lots of food and games and lots of people. We had a good time. McKaylie and Noah came home covered in dirt and had to get a quick bath before bed.

Saturday night I was invited to a girl's night out at a friend's house. It was a lots of fun, too. We made fruit pizzas and laughed A LOT! I came home a little earlier than I wanted, though, because......

Chad left for a school in Florida at 4AM Sunday morning. Yikes, that's early. He arrived there just fine, but our house felt especially quiet and lonely without him, this time. He'll be back Saturday night. I think we'll pick him up at the airport in Portland.

Myshel gave a talk in sacrament meeting Sunday. I thought she did an especially good job this time. I was really proud of her, but then, I usually am.

I was released from my calling on Sunday, also. I was surprised, because I've only had it for about 5 months. I was teaching in Relief Society and I really enjoyed it. I had several ladies come up to me and tell me how disappointed they were that I was released, because they really enjoyed it when I taught. That made me feel soo good, I can't even tell you! I was glad that I was able to teach one last time, yesterday, even though, I was "officially" released. (I did think it was my best lesson....frustrating that it turned out that way.....)

I don't get to rest for long, though. I was released from being a RS teacher and then sustained as the Primary Secretary. I haven't worked in Primary (officially) since Vance was in nursery! I'm excited, though, because I love, love, love the primary president! She is such a wonderful lady and she has some great counselors, too. So, this will be a big change for me, but I'm looking forward to it. I think that I will really love it and if I don't, I'll learn to love it, but I think that I'm going to love it!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Your ward/stake seems to have a lot of fun activities! You'll make a great Primary Secretary. Have fun!

Laurie said...

I was just put back into the primary after a brief 2 month break from Primary. (I subbed at least half of those weeks for the class they released me from so I actually only went to R.S twice.) I've been there for the last 15 years. I'm always the pianist or one of my kids teachers. At least I can keep an eye on my kids this way. You'll love being in the Presidency. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...