***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, July 11, 2008

Ahhhh, Meditation............

My life has been, uhhhh shall we say.....stressful this last year. I also don't seem to be handling that stress very well. So, I decided that I was going to try meditating to try and relieve some of the stress and "mellow" (for lack of a better word) myself. It's probably not meditation in the traditional sense, but meditation that works for me. Meditation is something that I never thought would be for me. In fact, I was somewhat skeptical about whether it would help when I started. However, it has. It's helped to calm me down and help me to find peace within myself. I find peace through prayer, but this is a different kind of peace. Meditation is maybe more like a physical peace. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but to be completely still and empty my mind and just let my body release the stress is such an amazing feeling.

The first time I tried meditation, I found it easier than I thought it would be. I found myself crying....tears just rolling down my cheeks crying. I tend to cry a lot anyway, but I was surprised that I was crying during the meditation. It was like I was just completely letting go and my body and mind were just so grateful.

I honestly don't know that much about meditation, but I do know that is has helped me to deal with things a little better each day. It doesn't take away all the stresses that I deal with, but I am really amazed at how healing it really seems to be.

2 Comments:

Janice said...

Cindy, thanks for posting that. I think I will have to try it for myself. Raising two children under 3 is really testing me these days. Thanks for your positive feedback on the experience, I will definitely try it and let you know how it goes! Thanks!

Your favorite sister said...

Sounds good to me!! I know I need to relieve stress. With all that is going on, I have not dealt with it well at all. Crying and chocolate only help for a little while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...