***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, February 4, 2008

Promise Fullfilled.....

McKaylie had been asking for a Webkinz for a long time. Quite frankly, I wasn't sure why. I really didn't think that it would be that much more than a stuffed animal to her. I knew you could go online with it, but I didn't think that it would hold her interest for that long. However, Santa came through for her and brought her a Webkinz. She was ecstatic. I couldn't believe how excited she was about it. I was glad that Santa was such a smart, insightfull, well informed person. On Christmas day, we went online and gave her new Webkinz, a black fresian, a name, Black Mist. Then the world of "Webkinz" opened up to our whole family....... After you "adopt" your pet online, your pet will have a room of it's own that you can decorate and buy things for. You need to feed it, take it to the doctor, to the academy and so many more things. You earn money, Webkinz dollars, to do all these wonderful things, by playing games, taking quizzes (academic) and a whole list of other activities. McKaylie loved it. Noah loved it. Vance loved it (playing some of the games that is). Even I would play the word game and majongg on it (I had to help earn money for the horse to eat, right). Mckaylie knew right away that you can have more than one pet in your "house" and play with all of them at the same time. They would each have their own room and they can go in and out of each other's rooms, etc. So, of course, she starting asking for another one. ( Does the word "gimmies" seem appropriate, here???)

Now, McKaylie and Noah have developed a very bad habit of coming into my bed in the middle of the night and sleeping there till morning. I don't ususally notice them come in until they're already settled and pushing me out of the way. We have a king size bed, but when you get two adults, two kids and a dog in there, it's a little too much, no, it's a lot too much.

We've been working on fixing this for awhile. We tried shutting the doors, but they just open them and come in. I couldn't bring myself to lock my door for the whole night. It bothered me. So, finally, I bought two child gates (whatever they're called) and put them in their doorway, one above the other. Now, they both could take them down if they really wanted to. So, we told them that it was there to remind them when they got up in the middle of the night that they were suppose to stay in their own room. We were ready for some frustrating nights......they never came. From the first night, 3 1/2 weeks ago, they've stayed in their own room, all night, no fuss. I promised them if they could do that, that I'd get them something special as a reward and this weekend, they got it, Webkinz.....
Now there's 4 pets living in their "virtual" house and they've had lots of fun decorating the new rooms and playing. I'm sure you might be wonder why there's 3 new ones....one's Vance's-----don't ask!


















So, now we have:
Bluberry--the Koala Bear (Noah's)
Black Mist--the Black Fresian (McKaylie's)
Dewey--the Tie Dye Frog (Vance's)
Raki--the Raccoon (McKaylie's)

Remember that "gimmies" word, they're already talking about their "next" Webkinz. I've started an epidemic...................


2 Comments:

Laurie said...

I have never heard of webkinz before. They are very cute! I'm going to have to check them out!

Life ticks on said...

We love them here too haha. So far we only have a lil white one my youngest got for her birthday in October from grandma and she could not even register it on line as she is only FOUR! hahah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...