***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing........

It snowed again last night. They predicted that we'd get 7-12 inches and then rain. We only got about 5 inches and no rain (that I know of). I'm not complaining, we haven't seen the ground since last December, so the less snow we get the better if you ask me and it didn't rain! The rain just turns everything to ice. We already are way, way over the snowfall average for this area. Last fall, Vance could hardly wait for the snow to come and I think that even he's getting a little tired of it. I will say, though, that it is nice when it snows, because it gives you a nice fluffy layer for a short while. All the snow on the ground is hard and crusted. By the end of the day it will be all packed and hard, but for a little while we'll have some fluffy snow. McKaylie was helping make a snowman while she waited for the bus. The kids still had school, which is good, except for Noah. He's home today and will have to make up his school day on Friday.

Have I mentioned how much I hate this housing???? I do, I really do. It's so small and has an awkward layout. It's the oldest housing in the area. They were actually in the process of tearing down this housing to build new, when it was decided to close this base. So, all work stopped and we're stuck living in small, old, outdated housing. The only thing about this housing that makes it worth while is that the school system here is very good. So anyway, Monday I decided to rearrange my living room, yet again. Trying to make things fit better to give us a little more room, but also trying to keep the heat registers open so that the sectional doesn't block off the heat. (There's heat registers of 2 of the 3 walls in the living room area--doesn't leave a lot of options) My little brain was thinking away when it came to me.......I can take the corner section out of my sectional and hook the 2 ends together and it would just be one long couch basically. It would fit on the one wall that doesn't have the register and open up the room. So that's what I did. I don't know if I think the "look" is all that great, but I had to give up on getting the"look" I want in my house when I moved in here. What did I do with the corner of the sectional???? I put it in the only corner in the entire house that was available, in Myshel's room. I don't think she minded at all having an extra seat in her bedroom. It's not perfect, but it definitely opened up the living room and that makes a big difference. But, ohhhhh how I miss my housing in Virginia! I always did like that housing and was sad to leave it.

The young women in our ward are celebrating the Chinese New Year tonight at their activities. Myshel volunteered me to make won tons. I thought that was aweful nice of her. I guess that means I'll be spending the afternoon getting ready to teach the girls how to make won tons. At least there will be something yummy to eat afterward. They're also having someone make mandarin chicken, so double yum!

I have a pile of sewing that I've been trying to get done. I've told myself that I can't go back to scrapbooking until the sewing is finished. It's my goal to accomplish that today, along with the laundry and getting ready for the YW acitivity and working on speech with Noah for an hour. That's besides all the normal everyday stuff that I'll also have to manage. And I wonder why time seems to fly by..........

2 Comments:

Maine Mom said...

I'm glad we didn't get the rain/freezing rain predicted. Zoe & Emily had a one hour delay this morning. They didn't seem to be too disappointed that it wasn't a snow day.

I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to make some more space in your living room. I would have loved an extra chair in my room when I was a teenager!

This is the second Chinese New Year activity that I have heard about through blogging. The first was a cub scout activity where the Mom was asked to make Chow Mein. Good luck making the won tons and doing everything else that needs to be done!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm tired of snow too! I wish I could rearrange my living room, but the piano is too heavy to move and there are literally no other options for furniture placement! Sigh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...