***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A thought from Gordon B. Hinckley...

Each day I try and add to my other blog, in the hopes that eventually I will get everything I've collected on it. I just grab a few out of my folder and don't pay attention to what I get. This morning this is one of the things I grabbed. I thought it was extremely fitting today, so I thought I'd add it to this blog, too.
*
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride. "
***
Gordon B. Hinckley

4 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

I needed this. Thanks, I've printed it off to save.

Laurie said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing. And I love your other blog as well. I can't wait to read all the good stuff you're saving!

Your favorite sister said...

I love that. I might have to post that! I sent you a forward of pictures of Nicole's baby!

Anonymous said...

That wasn't Hinckley, it was Jenkins Lloyd Jones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...