***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Maybe Everyday Should Be A School Day.....

Crazy Normally I like my kids having their days off from school. It's a break from all the running around and especially from the crazy mornings we seem to have. However.........this last long weekend is about to do me in. They not only had yesterday off, but they have today off, too, teacher's work day or something (except Noah, he's in school today). They're making me nuts!

It actually started last week. Myshel had her mid-terms last week and so the high school decided that they would let the kids go home after taking their tests. Which means, she was home by 10:45 on Thursday and Friday. Myshel was thrilled, Vance not so much. He was grumpy about it on Thursday, but it turned ugly by Friday.Stop The Madness

We had a storm come through Friday morning that was a snowy/icy/rainy mix. Snow Day Myshel was praying that it wouldn't cancel school (she wanted to be done with her mid-terms), Vance was praying that it would. Myshel's prayers won out. NotThey had school. Vance was livid about it. It wasn't fair that Myshel didn't even have to go for 1/2 a day and he had to go all day. The whole thing totally set him off. To top it off, being the mean mother that I am, I made him wear his heavy coat and because of the weather I wouldn't let him walk. He jumped out of the car, slammed the door and didn't even say good-bye. His attitude was better when he got home from school and he did apologize. Although, through the weekend there's been a whole lot of acting up, maybe some pent up anger, I don't know.

Hula HoopMcKaylie had a playdate on Saturday. She's been looking forward to it for a long time. I think she was just a little too excited about it, because Friday night into Saturday morning she was extremely hyper. She almost lost her playdate because of it. Her hyperness let to Noah's hyperness and it all was making me nuts and it lasted all weekend for both of them.

Myshel was sick all weekend with a bad cold, a little whiny, but all in all she wasn't too bad to handle. Sickly I did hear her say that she was dying a few times, but since I was pretty sure that wasn't true, I ignored it for the most part.

Chad also had a long weekend, which may have been my kids saving Grace. He was the buffer between them and me. Last night I finally told him that I didn't know why, but I was just so grumpy and that it wasn't taking much to set me off and begged him to just "deal" with them for awhile. He was very nice and distracted them for me. Holding HandsPersonally I think he was just trying to keep me happy so that I wouldn't get grumpy with him, but whatever his reasons he helped me out and I'm grateful.

Washing DishesToday before I took Noah to school, I told the others that when I got back we'd have to pick up/clean for awhile. They didn't say much and I knew that it was not going to be fun. And it wasn't, at least not with Vance. Sweeping The girls got to work without complaining, but Vance was mad. Apparently the chores he was given to do were not equal to the chores Myshel was given to do. So, now it's only 10AM and I'm extremely grumpy. On the bright side, Vance was given more chores because of his fit and so I've manged to get even more done around the house that I had originally planned! Kudos!Mopping

Looking back at this post I am realizing that this weekend's frustration has come a lot from Vance. There are other things I haven't added that the other kids did over the last 3 days, but I think that Vance has managed to infest our house with grumpiness. I guess I'll have to try and remedy that today. Big Hug

I know my stress level the last couple weeks has been a little high and my tolerance and patience a little low. Maybe I've been infesting our house with grumpiness, too. You know the old saying, "when mom's not happy, nobody's happy". Maybe it's a combination of everything. Rolling EyesI don't know but please tell me that I'm not the only one who has weekends like these!







4 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

I feel like this is my life lately! Lots of grumbling, murmuring, moodiness...etc. etc. .etc.

Laurie said...

This has been my life for the last 2 weeks. I can't believe that I used to homeschool my kids and have them all home every day all day long. AHHHHH! Now wonders I'm nuts! I hope that your week gets better. I was not impressed with the long weekend either, but ours was only a 3 day weekend for 3 of my kids and husband. My kindergarten had school on Monday so we had a little bit of a routine. This morning was stressful though. I think our boys have the same disease....and I serious thought it was only a girl thing!

Life ticks on said...

I hear you Cindy. I was so ready to drop off my kids this morning! BYE BABIES HAVE A GOOD DAY! *all the while driving off like a mad woman* haha.

Okay so not so bad but being on the year round program does have some disadvantages.... like 1/2 the kids in school and the other half home. GRRR! Every day I was so glad they could go play because by 10 I was GET OUT!

Anyways they are back to school and I dont have to watch Taylor and I am so much happier! YEAH! Now if only my MIL would cancel her trip this weekend :( Off to clean the house white glove spotless and hope it lasts as well as write 2 papers... GRRR shoot me now!

Your favorite sister said...

We have 2 long weekends in a row! The kids are only in school Tue-Thurs. (For me it is already Wed) And lately my boys have been terrible to each other. I don't know what to do to get them to stop. So manybe it is just going around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...