***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just 2 Things...

#1--I got a phone call yesterday from my mother-in-law. I haven't talked to her for awhile and it was really nice just to chat. (which reminds me, I need to email her) I really miss being closer to all my family and just having them around to talk to. I can always talk to them on the phone, which is great, but it's just not the same, is it!? Sometimes you just crave those conversations with your family, but everyone has such being lives, it's hard to make/take the time. I really appreciated her call and her time that she took to visit with me. When Chad came home I told him that she called. He asked if she had much to say. "I told him about 50 minutes worth." He looked at me a little surprised and said, "she doesn't even talk to me that long (which isn't true)." My answer, "I guess we know who she loves best!" Ha Ha



2--It's been brought to my attention that I haven't posted any pictures for awhile. That's true, but the fact is, I don't have any new pictures to post. So I figured I'd dig back in my files (before I take them off my computer) and post something for all of you picture-hungry-people. Here's what I found:
*
*

Myshel's 8th grade graduation

4th of July sparklers

Vance and one of his many frog friends

My kids can roll their tongues--can yours???

Mckaylie swimming in the pool

Awww-the beach, we miss you!

Noah-a boy and his dog.....

Now that's a good shot!

And Nutmeg, the reindeer-dog

----That's it! Now they're off to the flash drive----

5 Comments:

Laurie said...

You have such a cute family. Your oldest daughter is beautiful and I love the smile on Vance's face with the bug in his hand. So cute. Your other two are just adorable! You have so much to be proud of! I'm wanting to see more pictures of....YOU!

Life ticks on said...

I love it. Its funny. My MIL and I never talk that long she is very anxious to get me off the phone. OH well C'est la vie! My mom NEVER talks to my hubby but she loves him best LOL! This I know because when we have an argument she takes his side EVERY time. I am ungrateful and expect too much. HAHAHAHA now you know why I live in Cali (or Guam) and not in Houston!

Katy said...

So glad you got to have a great conversation with your MIL! That is wonderful! I am sorry you guys aren't living closer..i am sure that is soo difficult!

The pics of your kids and dog are great!!! :) Too cute!!! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Hope you have a great day!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

You have a darling family! I can roll my tongue, and I miss the beach too...

Maine Mom said...

Fun pictures! The one of Noah and Nutmeg asleep together is adorable.

I just read your quote from President Hinckley. I appreciate you posting that because I needed it!

Stop by my blog and check out your new award. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...