***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, December 21, 2007

So, I had a little heart attack this morning.....................

I was trying to be a good mom. Since we got all this snow Myshel has had to walk around the practice field that she usually cuts across, so I offered to give her a ride this morning to school. Anyway.......we were driving down the road, the snow packed road......there was a snow plow coming the opposite direction. It was a big one, a tractor with a plow on the front really. I moved over a little to give him more room, grateful that they were finally coming to plow our roads in housing. it was fine, because there was plenty of room for the both of us. But, right when he passed me, he started to fish-tail a little and then a little more.........The back of that tractor was coming right at me..........I swerved, swiped the piled snow on the side of the road and I kept saying "please, don't hit me, please, don't hit me...." Myshel looked at me and said, "I don't think he can hear you", but I think it helped anyway, because he didn't hit me. I swear he must have missed by inches, though. Ohhh I hate slick roads! When I dropped Myshel off at school she said, "thanks for the ride mom, next time try not to kill us" and then she laughed. It's a good thing I like her.........

3 Comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Slick roads are so scary. We don't get a ton of snow here, but the days we do, I do everything I can to not drive! Sometimes I need to and it's one constant prayer until I'm back home!

Life ticks on said...

Oh wow! I remember our first Christmas when my hubby was recruiting in Arkansas. We got a ton of snow and ice about a week before Christmas and he got the day off and in his infinite wisdom took his lil toyota truck and went to pick up his brother. He spun out on the freeway! So on the way home they put a bunch of weight in the back of the truck... spun out on the freeway! Glad it wasnt me in the car because I literally probably would have had a heart attack because I was already at home sick as a dog! HAHA but it is funny now.

Katy said...

oh my goodness!!! how scary! i am sooo glad you are OK!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...