***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, December 17, 2007

Enough Snow Already!!!!!!

We got about another 10 inches of snow yesterday and then about an inch of ice on top of that! They even canceled church. I can think of only 3 times in my life that they've cancelled church and they've all been because of snow!

I thought we'd have a "breaking in" period to get used to the snow. You know, a little bit here, a little bit there. That way we could get used to it slowly. But, nope! we've been thrown into a Maine winter (and technically it isn't even winter yet) feet first! CRAZY!!!!This was during the storm yesterday. Everything is all icy today. Even the snow is crusted with ice. It's quite a mess and really hard to shovel and get through.

McKaylie was out playing around in it this morning and discovered that is she crawled on it, she would break through the icy layer on top. She thought that was the neatest thing! Chad was trying to stay on top of the snow yesterday. Within an hour you couldn't even tell he'd shoveled.
I am grateful we aren't living in some other places of the countries, though. They're getting completely buried and then getting ice storms. So, it could be worse. I sure feel for them!

5 Comments:

Katy said...

oh, i totally know how you feel. I plan on posting a pic of our snow too, soon. (although my kodak software is not cooperating) We have soo much snow and the kids had a 2 hr delay from school today but no cancellation and my daughter's bus got stuck (before it came to pick her up) so she had to get driven to school. It is craziness! Definitely a winder wonderland...wouldn't you say? LOL

Hope you have a good day Cindy!

Unknown said...

I miss the snow on the trees. I don't like our snow storms that include rain and ice.

It looks like you had a fun time sledding!

Laurie said...

How does that happen? The whole west totally misses the storms completely every single year and the east gets dumped on. We have a little tiny skiff on the ground that is almost melted away. It's not that I love snow, we just need it so badly here. I was a little girl the last time we had a really bad winter and some states get that every single year. Crazy!!! Be careful!! And stay warm!

Unknown said...

I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

I"m from Maine too, and we have plenty of snow here too. What part of Maine are you from? Maybe were neighbors and don"t even know it. E-mail me --rquirion@roadrunner.com

Debbie Me)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...