***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Eve Surprise.......

Chad had duty on Sunday (Dec 23) so he had to stay on the base all day and night. It was raining that night, pretty hard really. I woke up at about 1:30AM Monday morning to a crashing sound. I knew it was coming from outside, and looked out my window, but didn't see anything. I went back to bed. There were several other small thuds that continued for awhile. I was getting a little freaked out. I actually wondered to myself whether or not Chad would come home at 2AM to see what was going on. (He told me later he would have, he's so sweet) Anyway, it stopped and I went back to sleep. This is what we woke up to. Huge chunks of ice had fallen off the roof! This is our backyard, and everyone else's back yard looked exactly the same.....blocks of ice in a straight line across the yards. The blocks are about 4-5 inches thick. All the privacy fences were hit. A plank on ours broke off completely, but most were just broken or shattered at the top.
It even killed the BBQ, not that it was that great of a BBQ, but still. It was squished like a soda can! The legs are all bent underneath. (this was also the only place that the blocks weren't in a straight line. kinda funny) We're just grateful that no one was out there or the dog either for that matter, because those blocks of ice could seriously have killed some one if they'd fallen on them. Pretty scary!

1 Comment:

Laurie said...

This looks very scarey. I'm glad that it was at night and that no one was killed. Your poor BBQ grill. Be safe!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...