***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas, Christmas Time Is Here.........

This was on Christmas Eve. The kids always open one present and it's always pajamas that I've made. This year I made the pants/shorts and bought the shirts to match. Then, I added the penquins/snowmen to the shirts. I thought they turned out really cute. The kids really liked them too. I always love to see them in their Christmas pajamas!
We had a great Christmas. We looked through our stockings and then made breakfast. We had eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, and juice. I don't remember the last time I ate that big of a breakfast. I also don't remember the last time our whole family ate breakfast together! It was really nice and I'm so glad that we decided to do that. After breakfast we went back to opening presents. It was a nice morning and so fun to watch the kids.

We spent the day playing games (santa brought us a lot of games) and playing with new toys, etc. It was just a great day. We made ham and potatoes, but it wasn't a formal dinner at all. We spent the 26th pretty much the same way. Just laying back, chillin', playing with the kids and enjoying the time we had together. It was so nice and peaceful, whilch is saying something. I would rarely describe my house as peaceful! I loved it, though. It was the perfect Christmas for me! (My Christmas tree is even still up! Amazing!) I hope you all had as great a Christmas as we did!

2 Comments:

Life ticks on said...

Cindy dont you love that tradition? I dont make them but if you saw my sewing you would understand why HAHAH! Anyways my oldest got a nightgown that says Dear Santa, Let me explain... Funny how her Stocking says the exact same thing!

We totally get new pj's every Christmas and then some type of Christmas item (ie ornament, snowglobe, decoration) along with it. This way when they reach the age of moving on they will have a few of their own things for Christmas to take on with them. They love it. They wait and wonder which present is the "BONUS" present every year. They are so funny.

Laurie said...

Love the pajamas! You did a great job! You should do a sewing blog and share all your amazing talent!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...