***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Preschool*!?!*---It's a good thing?!?

I've always thought that it would be good for Noah to have a half day preschool to get him ready for kindergarten next year. I didn't really look into it that closely, though, because I think he would be fine without it, too. (I don't know if that makes sense) Anyway, I had an opportunity basically fall into my lap and so I signed him up for preschool and we were put on a waiting list. They made it sound like it would be months if at all for him to get in. 2 weeks later they called and said they had an opening for him! I was excited and nervous and bewildered and..........................so many things all at once!

It felt good, though. It was kind of a fluke that we even qualified for it in the first place and then the manager told us that he'd never seen such a fast turn-over time. So, we're thinking/feeling that this was really ment to be for Noah. We visited with the teachers and took a tour of the classroom. I was very impressed. It looks like a big red schoolhouse which is so cute and there's just lots of fun things for him. His teachers seem wonderful and they really are great with him. We're excited and we're nervous..........................

He actually started last Monday. He goes from 8:30-12:30, Monday thru Thursday. I think it will be a great way to get him used to school and being apart from mom. He did really great the first 2 days (I cried all the way home the first day). Dad took him the next 2 days and he didn't do so well, but the teachers told me that happens a lot when dad brings them. I took him again this morning and he fought back tears and went into his class. He's a tough, brave little guy! I'm really proud of him. I think he likes it there and he's proud of himself for going, but he's still a little nervous about it. I think he's going to do great!

Today is the first morning since he started that I've been home completely by myself. My parents were here last week to keep me company. I know a lot of mom's would be so excited to have the morning with no kids, but I hardly know what to do with myself. I can think of a thousand things to do, but I've only managed to get on the computer so far. It's so quiet, I had to turn the TV on for noise, even though I'm not even watching it. I'm sure that I'll get used to having the mornings to myself, but I don't think I'll ever be excited about it. I know this is a good thing, but it's not an easy one for me!

1 Comment:

Laurie said...

It's always hard to send little ones off to school. I cry when I send big ones off to school! Hang in there. It's hard to leave them when they are sad. I have a hard time leaving mine in Nursery at church if they are upset. It's tough to be the mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...