***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, November 26, 2007

Myshel, here's to you!


15 years ago today, at about this time, my 32 hours of labor ended and I became a mother for the very first time. It wasn't until that very moment that they handed me that little, screaming baby with black hair, that I knew that something so small could fill my heart with such love and joy! I watched Chad hold her for the first time and I saw in his eyes, everything that I felt. We were so glad that she was here.
She was beautiful and she was our gift from the Lord, we knew that! And that just made her all the more special in our hearts. There were some people who thought we should have waited longer to start our family. Chad and I were both still in school trying to finish our degrees. But we knew without the slightest doubt that she was suppose to come join our family then. She was a great blessing to us then and she still is today.
Over the last 15 years, she's helped fill our home with love, joy, laughter, silliness, frustration, attitude, maddness, tears, but most of all love! I love having Myshel as my daughter! I love seeing and talking to her every day. And I love watching her grow and mature in life and in the gospel. I also love that she still calls me mommy!
She gave a talk in church yesterday and as I sat there watching her, I couldn't help but remember the day she was born and wonder where the time went, because there she was standing up in front of me, a beautiful young woman. I don't know how that happened.
It was Thanksgiving morning, 15 years ago, when she was born. I was so thankful for that new baby girl and I'm still extremely thankful for my 15 year old baby girl. I love you, Myshel, Happy Birthday!

3 Comments:

Laurie said...

She's beautiful! I can't think of a better time to have a baby than at Thanksgiving time just in time for Christmas. My brother's birthday is also today. It was always fun to celebrate it with Thanksgiving. Where does the time go? Zach gave the opening prayer in Sacrement meeting yesterday and I had the same thoughts that you just described. How do we freeze time? And yet, if we could, would we really want to? I love watching them grow up and become young adults. All the emotions that come with being a parent is crazy! Happy Birthday to Myshel!

Your favorite sister said...

Man, I remember when she was in activity days with me!! They grow up so fast. Happy birthday Myshel!

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Myshel!!! Sooo bittersweet to watch our babies grow up, isn't it? i hope she had a wonderful birthday Cindy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...