***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fair Winds and Following Seas...................

A friend of mine moved up here from Virginia just before we did. She was so wonderful and helpful and seem to have all the answers I needed to get settled up here. I was so grateful to have her already here when we moved. We live in the same housing and it's so nice just knowing that she is so close. She's just a sweetheart; she really is. But(you knew that had to be coming) she's moving! Yep, her hubby is getting out of they navy and they're moving back to Texas, possibly on to Utah. I am very sad to have them go! The movers are there packing them up right now and they'll be leaving the beginning of next week. It just came up too quick! Unfortuneatly that is navy life. There are always people/friends coming and going and sometimes it's hard to have them leave(or be the one leaving) I know she'll keep in touch and that's good. I wish them the best with their "new" life, but I sure will miss her!

In the navy, it's traditional to bid farewell to sailors/shipmates with the "naval blessing", "fair winds and following seas" because those are the ideal conditions while underway! I hope that my friend and her family have ideal conditions during their new adventures in life, so,

Fair winds and Following Seas, "D" Family..............

6 Comments:

Laurie said...

This post made me sad for you because I know you're a long ways from your family. I hope that you are doing okay! I always hate it when friends move because I know the reality of ever seeing them again is very slim. I treasure thier friendships forever in my heart and in the eternities I am going to create a place where I am surrounded by all the people that I have met and loved in this life. Hang in there. I hate good byes!

Your favorite sister said...

Wow, that was fast. I didn't know he was planning to get out. Navy life can suck sometimes. It is never easy saying goodbye. thank heaven for eternal friendships. Wish her luck for me also!

Cindy said...

Marie, They helped him make that decision....

Your favorite sister said...

Ahhh, I see.

Unknown said...

I'm glad your friend was there to help you get settled in. That is sad that she is leaving so soon. I hope things work out for her family as they start a new adventure.

Phae-Jae said...

I know that pain! You are happy to see them get on with their lives, but it hurts to let them go. Yep, I've been there recently.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...