***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tagged, and Tagged again!

I have been tagged by Marie and Deborah for the same tag. So, I guess I'd better do it. I'm suppose to tell 6 things about myself that most people wouldn't know and then tag 6 people and leave a comment on their blogs. Some of these might not be a big secret to most people who know me, but I'll list them anyway!

1--I don't like chocolate. I'm not allergic to it. It doesn't cause my migraines. I just don't think that it tastes good.........at all! I don't even like the smell of chocolate. M&M's are the worst. The smell of them almost makes me gag. It's weird, I know. I wasn't always this way, though. When I was younger I ate chocolate all the time, but as I've gotten older the less I like it, to the point now, where I don't like it at all. I never did like chocolate pudding, ice cream or milk, though. I remember Fridays were chocolate milk day at school and I never understand why everyone was so excited, because I didn't think it tasted good.

2--I would consider myself a private person. That might seem a little strange since I blog about my life, but I like my "business" to be my "business". I blog about the things that I want to blog about. I think, at times, some people don't quite understand that and it may come across in the wrong way, but it's just the way I am. I'm not comfortable telling all things to everybody. Does that make sense? I think that I get that from my from dad. He is also that way.

3--I'm not a big social person. (yeah, I know, some of you are laughing at the shock of it....not!) I'm ok being at home and doing my own thing. I don't think that makes me a loner or anything. I just don't feel like I have to be out doing something every day to make my life complete. I do like getting together with friends. I have some amazing friends that I have the best time with, but I don't feel like we have to be doing something all the time, either. I am so content hanging out with my family. Sitting at home on a Friday night with my hubby and kids watching a movie is perfect in my eyes. I'd take that over most other things, most of the time. And in the long run, that's good, because I'll be with my family forever.

4--I am not an over-scheduled person and never have been. That is to say, I don't have my kids in tons of activities that keep me running around all the time and I am not involved in a lot of activities that keep me running. We decide what we want to do the most and stick to a few activities. I don't think that my kids are suffering from not being in a million activities, either. Now, with 4 kids and a navy husband, that still keeps me very busy, sometimes busier than I want to be, but not busy like probably most people. I like to keep things much simpler, in fact, I don't think I could handle the stress that it would cause having tons of activities going on all the time. Can you say, Migraine?!

5--And speaking of migraines.......I get them, a lot, actually. I also get regular headaches, a lot. I joke that when the weather changes it gives me a headache. It isn't quite that bad, but I do get them a lot and just about anything can cause them. Most people would say, "oh, I have a headache today", I would usually be, "oh, I don't have a headache today". I've just learned to live with it for the most part. (and for you few who are thinking it, yes, my doctor knows)

6--I don't like to shop. I know that makes me weird. I don't know why I don't like it, I just don't. It's more of a chore than a treat.

Ok, I've spilled all my inner secrets (not really, but whatever) so now I get to tag 6 people.

Debbie
5 Too Many
Life Ticks On
Laurie
Katy
PJ

5 Comments:

Katy said...

I am not a major fan of chocolate either..i mean, i do like some things...but i don't crave it!!! LOL
I have never been tagged before...so i guess i will try this out! :)

Phae-Jae said...

Wow, I could have written #3 and #4 myself. NOT #1 :D

All I need are a few good friends:)

My girls are not overly involved in activities either, and they are intelligent, talented and fun. Hmm?:D

Thanks for tagging me, this should be a fun one!

Your favorite sister said...

Thanks for playing! And you know, I'll take your chocolate any day!!

Unknown said...

1. I love chocolate!
2. I consider myself private as well. There are many things I leave out of my blog. :-)
3. I'm not a social person either. I am very content to be with my family and to do things by myself.
4. We're not over-scheduled either, but like you said having several kids doing a few activities can keep a Mom hoppin'!
5. I am thankful I don't get migraines. I had one once and wanted to die. They are so painful! I'm sorry you have to deal with them so often.
6. I'm not a shopper either. I find it funny that Matt likes to shop more than I do. I do enjoy shopping at Goodwill though.

We are a lot alike! I'll post my list soon.

Laurie said...

I wish that I didn't love chocolate so much. It's kind of a burden and I hate to exercise to try to get it off. I need some of your dislike for it to rub off on me. It's fun to read about you. You are such a neat person! I will have to think about mine some. I'm not sure I have six things to write about. I seem to be the opposite and share everyting with everyone. Hum...Thanks for tagging me though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...