***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, October 5, 2007

The start of a 4 day weekend.............

My kids have a 4 day weekend starting today and Chad has a 3 day weekend (should have been 4 days, but he has duty on Monday, for those of you who aren't military means that he has to stay on the base for 24 hours, basically on call and sometimes he stands a watch) So, we should have been able to sleep in this morning. I was so looking forward to it, but as luck would have it, my kids woke me up at 6:30AM and I couldn't get back to sleep. I guess I did get an extra hour of sleep, but still, not quite what I was hoping for. They have been going, and going ever since. Vance, Chad and I went for a 3-4 miles walk this morning, too. That was very nice.

We're going to go for a drive today, to..............somewhere, I don't know where yet! I want to take pictures of the fall colors before they're gone. I love New England in the autumn! So, maybe the next post will be with some nice pictures of some wonderful fall colors! Have a great weekend and enjoy general conference!

5 Comments:

Katy said...

oh wow...my kids are always up early too...LOL..although, i don't mind...i am an early bird as well! :) I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend! :)

Unknown said...

I always think I'm going to sleep in on Saturday or when the kids have a day off, but it never happens. I try to stay in bed when I'm awake, but then all the kids come in to my room and eventually start fighting, so it's better just to get up when I wake up.

You have been a busy, busy mom lately! I hope you were able to relax a bit this weekend. :-)

Life ticks on said...

Funny how when its a school day they dont want to move but on the days they are out they are up at the crack of dawn ... Never fails here...

Unknown said...

Hi am am a cartoonist and am creating a kids content website. I want you to check it out and see if you enjoy it. It is still in the early stages of construction, but I need some input. It is based on my daughter. Here it is, www.brendasfriends.com. I have a link to my blog there and too some coloring pages. Please let me know what you think. I will be happy to add you to my blogroll if you will do the same.

Laurie said...

I love the colors of fall. I hope you enjoyed your day! Did you get any pictures?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...