***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, October 4, 2007

In 24 hours........well, 25 1/2 hours...........

Wednesday morning (ugh!)......
**pick up Myshel from seminary at 7AM
**made up 23 snack bags for Vance's Wednesday advisory class(he told me late Tuesday night that it was his turn to bring the snack, had to run to the store(grumble, grumble)-----what do 7th graders need a snack for anyway!?!?)
**made Myshel's lunch, made McKaylie's lunch
**got all the kids off to school without killing any of them, yeah!
**managed to get the house picked up before leaving for playgroup and visiting teaching
**decided to go to lunch with Chad, nice! Haven't done that in a long time!
**Noah fell asleep on the way home, also nice! I don't even remember the last time he took a serious nap. I enjoyed some peaceful "me" time----I don't even remember what I did, though!
**made curtains for Vance's room, they turned out ok
**made Noah a tie for his spiderman church shirt, turned out really cute, he'll probably never wear it, though
**cut out pattern for Noah's Car's church shirt and a vest to go with it (he probably won't ever wear the vest either, I don't know why I make the "extras")
**started to get the pattern ready for a blouse for Myshel. It seems to run small. I hate it when patterns are really off on their sizes!
**Kids are home......snacks.........homework.......chores.........
**Vance tells me that it wasn't actually his day to bring snacks (really BIG grumble) It's next Wednesday
**McKaylie's bus is late---hate that!
**Chad's home, I asked him to help me take the material off of one of the dining room chairs to make sure I have enough of the new material to cover all the chairs. Should have been a quick project, ended up taking all night!!!
**dinner, (grumble, grumble, why do I start projects so late in the day??? then I have to stop in the middle of them and make dinner!
**OH POO! the kids have their church activities tonight, hurry, hurry eat your dinner, we have to go!
**Drop kids off, Chad and I decide to run to Target while they're there, took longer than we thought (image that!)
**run back to the church, we're going to be late picking them up!!!!!
**pick up kids, find out Vance's leaders didn't show, he sat in the gym the whole time, WHAT???? (another BIG grumble!)
**bedtime........brush teeth.....prayers.......very quick story.......kisses
**continue on "chair" project
**"GO BACK TO BED!!!"
**watch some TV while finishing chair project
**"I MEAN IT, GO.BACK.TO.BED!!!"
**Chad remembers that he has to put gas in his blazer and doesn't want to do it in the morning........re runs to gas up, I go upstairs to "talk" with the kids that are still NOT in their beds
**finished chair project, chad gets home, we sit on the couch and wonder if we have the energy to walk upstairs to go to bed

Thursday.....
**up at 5:30AM--have I told you how much I hate getting up early, I do!!
**J(little girl I watch and get to the bus in the morning) comes at 6AM
**I decide to make all 3 of the kids sandwiches this morning (Vance usually makes his own) because I have to unthaw the bread since I forgot to take it out of the freezer the night before
**make, Myshel and McKaylie's lunch (not Vance's, he likes to make his own)
**"J, leave Nutmeg alone"
**No kids are out of bed yet, they're tired for some reason???? (except Myshel, she's at seminary)
**"J, don't pick on Nutmeg"
**wake kids up, go pick Myshel up from seminary (Vance watches the little ones for the 15 minutes that I'm gone
**get home, start to clean kitchen, try and get McKaylie going
**ask Vance if he made his lunch, mention that I made his sandwich for him
**get a weird look from Vance......"you made my sandwich?", "yes, didn't you see it", "I thought that I didn't eat my sandwich yesterday at lunch and I threw it out" WHAT!!! grumble grumble......so much for trying to be nice
**keep trying to keep McKaylie on track
**"J, please don't run in the house"
**"Noah, eat your breakfast"
**Myshel and Vance leave for school, Darn......realized I forgot our family morning prayer
**"McKaylie, you're running out of time"
**clock chimes, it's 8AM
**hurry, McKaylie, hurry
**rush out to bus..........it's late! (grumble)
**J's bus is late (they ride different buses) (another grumble)
**go back to house, dishes aren't done, there's laundry sitting on the couch waiting to be folded, the living room floor is a mess, the sewing projects are still sitting on the table and there's muddy dog tracks on the floor........did it look like this 20 minutes ago when I went out to the bus stop??? I'm exhausted!

3 Comments:

Katy said...

oh my gosh..you have been busy!!! But i must admit..i had to snicker...the whole "go back to bed" thing happens here too...my middle child, X, is such a stinker...one last hug or kiss, one last i love you mommy, etc etc...it's sweet..but drives me nuts cuz he won't just stay in bed!!! LOL I hope you get some time to relax today and just breathe!!!! :) have a great day!

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Whew, I'm exhausted just reading about you!

Laurie said...

I can't believe you found time to do all the mom, wife, maid stuff and still made a tie, curtains, cut out a blouse and shirt and vest AND redid your chairs!!! Could you sent me some of your energy? I have a daily goal of accomplishing 3 things a day. That mostly consists of getting all kids to and from school, dishes, and laundry. Anything after that is considered unbelievable at my house. You are amazing!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...