***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday

Since blogger won't seem to let me post my wordless Wednesday right now, I'll guess I'll just complain a little................

I hate Wednesday mornings! The kids start school an hour later on Wednesdays. You would think this would be nice, a little more time to sleep, get things done, etc, but no, that's not how things work out. Myshel still has seminary at 6:15AM, so we still have to get up early and then we come home and everyone seems to think this is the time to do nothing, including get ready for school. In that one extra hour, they seem to be underfoot, frustrating and deaf! It makes me crazy! I'm not sure why it turns out like that, but it does and now, instead of hating Monday mornings, I hate Wednesday mornings!

2 Comments:

Katy said...

Oh, i totally understand what you mean! That would be so frustrating! Maybe could you let them all have free time..once they are all ready totally? Like...if they use the extra time to get up...dressed and ready and then whatever time left over...they can do something special? Like, play a video game or something before school? I dunno...? LOL i am not much help, eh? not that you were even asking for advice! LOL

Laurie said...

Why do they do that? Is it teacher prep time or something? Why don't they just send them home an hour earlier? That's like having church meetings at 2 in the afternoon. What do you do all morning besides just get ready and be in each others way? I am so sorry that you hate Wednesday's now though. I always struggle with Wednesday because it is my halfway to the weekend day. I seems like the longest day ever and every activity has to be scheduled on Wednesdays. I look forward to Thursday's because then Wednesday is over and Friday is almost here. Hang in there! You're halfway through the day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...