***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gettin' some sewing done..............

I finally took my sewing machine out and finished some mending and a couple of other projects that I had started, uh, well, awhile ago.





First I finished Noah's dress shirt. Noah is very picky about what he wears and church clothes are not his favorite under any circumstances. I did, however, convince him to wear a dress shirt that I had made for Vance when he was Noah's age. It had 101 dalmatian puppies on it. Noah really liked this shirt, so...............brainstorm!!!!! I let Noah pick out some material to make some new church shirts. That way we could have a little variety each week. He picked out some spiderman material and Cars material. I finished the spiderman one yesterday. I was happy with it except that I had forgotten to line up the front, oh well, I guess. Noah likes the front pocket. (what would a little boy's shirt be without a pocket to hide things in????) I made Noah try it on for me. As you can see, he was a very unhappy participant and he told he wasn't going to wear it.....................Isn't he cute?!? I think I'll be able to convince him otherwise!

I also finished the curtains for my bedroom. This house has 7 huge sets of windows. I only had one set that would fit them and I hate to buy curtains for all these windows, 1--who knows what kind of windows we'll have in the next house, 2--they are too, dang expensive to buy! The result of that being, I have had curtains in my kitchen and no where else. We have mini-blinds, which I don't like very much. The back of our house, where the living room/dining room windows are, is hidden almost completely by the trees, so that helps. I can keep the blinds half open all the time and not feel like the entire neighbor is looking in. I'd like to make curtains for these 2 windows, but I want them to be the same material and that means that I'd need about 12 yards of material! Ouch, or I could make a valance and keep the mini blinds down, not ideal either.....................



any whooooo...............The other windows are in the bedrooms, the kids don't mind their blinds, so they are the last of my worries, but my bedroom was. It's also hidden by the trees, but I'm not as willing to keep the blinds half open in my bedroom. Chad said it would be rude to flash the people walking their dogs at night! ha ha So, a couple of weeks ago, I found some material that I liked. It was at Walmart in the $1/yard section! I love that section! So I finially got them made yesterday. I hung them last night and I think they look good. They are a light silk, and somewhat see-through, so I'll have to go out tonight when it's dark and see just how see-through they with the light behind them!

Now, it's on to the other sewing projects that are waiting.....................

2 Comments:

Katy said...

You did a great job! i would love to learn to sew better!!!
I love Noah's shirt! You should sew some and sell them! They are so cute! My son's faves are spiderman and Cars too!!! ;) have a great thursday! :)

Laurie said...

Wow! They look great! I am supper impressed by anyone who can sew dress shirts. I agree on the price of buying curtains. I never thought of looking in the $1 fabric at WalMart. We have a new house but I have put up no curtains, only blinds, because I haven't been able to justify the money. You've given me hope. Thanks!!! and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your projects. By the way, I hope that you are having a better day today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...