***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First day of school 2007


I think I'll start by posting back to school photos, since that is the newest "thing" we're dealing with right now. The first day of school was September 4 for Vance and McKaylie and September 5 for Myshel. Our easy going-laid back mornings are a thing of the past! Sniff, sniff, I'll miss them!Here's Myshel. She was , shall we say, extremely, nervous about her first day of high school. Myshel also started early morning seminary on September 6th. She has to be up at 5:30AM (it starts at 6:15AM). Yikes! That's early for her and me. Thankfully, her dad drops her off on his way to work and I just have to pick her up.


Vance on the other hand was extremely excited about his first day of 7th grade. I think it's because the middle schoolers get a laptop to use for the year. We also live close enough to the school for him to ride his bike, which he really likes. In Virginia we lived a long ways from his middle school.


McKaylie was excited and nervous about her first day of 2nd grade. Once she met her teacher and saw her classroom, though, she didn't seem too nervous and was more than willing to have me leave. She gets to ride the school bus for the first time this year and she thinks that is really great! In Virginia, she had to walk with mom!

Noah didn't want to be left out, of course. His birthday is in late October and he misses the deadline for kindergarten this year. I think that he needs the extra year, though. He'll be at home with me for one more year and we'll work on school stuff here. I think he likes the one-on-one time. I know I do.

5 Comments:

Life ticks on said...

I know how your feeling. We have almost the same age kids and we are navy too... so the moving is a thing for us. This year we have a 7th grader, 5th grader, 2nd grader and one at home. Every day does he ask can I go to school today? We get that and the first week she cried every morning because she couldnt stay. (She wont be 4 until Oct so she wont start until next year either.)

Anyways glad to see your posting and I have my back to school pics too (we started the same day).

Laurie said...

Your kids look so cute! First day of school is so exciting. Then the kids rush off in a blurr of caos and the house is suddenly quiet and then it hits me that they are gone and I'm ready to go to school and bring them home. After school, we are outside on the corner waiting long before the bus drops them off. It's sort of obvious who has the harder time here. I also miss the slow paced, lazy days of summer...Good luck to you and your kids this year in your new location! I'm glad you're back on line!

Cindy said...

Life ticks on, I don't think I have your blog address, can I get it?

Life ticks on said...

lifetickson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

They look so good. Myshel has really grown. I am glad that things are going well, but I have to say that things here are not the same without you! We miss you guys!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...