***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, September 15, 2007

5 Senses Saturday

  • Sight:
  • Big puddles from the rain water
  • A messy house changed to a clean one
  • Grumpy children
  • A squirrel run out of Vance's tent set up in our backyard
  • Grey, cloudy skies

Sound:

  • The rain hitting the ground and trees
  • cartoons on my TV while I was still trying to sleep
  • children wrestling and laughing with their dad
  • the dog's tennis ball bouncing down the stairs, over and over again
  • McKaylie saying, "I wish the rain would stop"

Touch:

  • The dog laying on my legs
  • Chad's unshaven face on my cheek
  • Soapy suds on my hands while I washed dishes
  • Noah's "I love you, mom" hug
  • Cool breeze blowing in the window

Smell:

  • Cleaners
  • Wet dirt from the rain (do you notice a theme, here??)
  • Blueberry bagels being toasted
  • Wet dog
  • BBQing from the neighbors

Taste:

  • Blueberry bagels
  • leftover chicken
  • cold, cold water
  • icy cold milk
  • fruit snacks

1 Comment:

Maine Mom said...

I am taking a break from cleaning right now. It IS nice to see a messy house transformed into a clean one.

I had a blueberry bagel today, too! Yummy. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...