***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, August 10, 2007

Not Liking This Part of Parenting..................

Chad and I sat in bed last night talking about Myshel graduating from high school in 3 years............and about college...................and about her leaving home...................and how we really aren't prepared for that....................It was a rather sobering discussion until I mentioned that there was still 3 years to get through, 3 years of teenager attitude, 3 years of hearing how unfair we are, 3 years of her fighting with her siblings, 3 years that include her starting to date..........................If we get through those 3 years, we might be more than happy to show her the door! We laughed and joked about it for awhile and then laid down to go to sleep. It was quiet for awhile and I whispered, "you know that's not going to happen, right" and he said, "yeah, I know".

1 Comment:

Laurie said...

My oldest son it turning 12 next month and things are begining to change and I have been having all these same thoughts. I'm scared and sad and happy and scared... Where does the time go? And would I change it if I could? Good luck...I'll be coming to you for answers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...