***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, July 2, 2007

I'm still alive and I'm back online!!!

Ok, I apologize to you all, who have been wonderng where/what I've been up to. My life have been completely insane and I'm sorry that I worried any one. This will have to be quick for now, but I promise I'll catch you all up. It will also take some time for me to catch up with all of you, but I'm ready to get started.

The week of packing out was ridiculously busy and overwhelming and without internet. After we left Norfolk, we stayed in northern Virginia for a few days visiting with my sister (and staying in a hotel) I don't remember which day we arrived in Maine, I'd have to look at my calendar. We had a house set up to move into, which I was thinking was a good thing, but have had some second thoughts about it. It will be fine and we won't be here for a long time either. It's small, especially for what we were used to, but fine. It's in the woods, though, I mean serisouly in the woods! (I love you Joey, but seriously do not know how you do it) I think I've been living in the city for too long, because this "woods" setting is not for me. My kids love it, though. Vance, McKaylie and Noah have been catching grasshoppers, bugs, frogs, and snakes (yes, snakes! and another reason why the woods are not for me) since the day we got here. We live about 22 miles from anything that resembles a town. Luckily we won't be here for more than 6 months or so, when we will be in housing in Brunswick or Topsham. I don't want to seem completely negative about the whole thing, but if ever I was out of my element, it's now living in the Maine woods. I didn't think that we could isolate ourselves any more than we were when we lived in Winter Harbor, Maine, but I was wrong, Litchfield is much more isolated. We are settled as best we can be, though, and you'll have to keep checking back in with me to hear about all the details.

4 Comments:

Life ticks on said...

Welcome Back! Sorry about the snakes but glad your safe and sound.

Your favorite sister said...

I am so glad that you are back online!! Since our days are not the same as they are there, I have been checking twice a day( if not more!) So I am glad that you are back.

sounds like you are getting adjusted though!

Jenn said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys got there oaky and that you are settling in.

Unknown said...

Welcome back to Maine! It's great to hear from you. I guess the Maine woods do take time to get used to. By the time you've adjusted, it will be time to move to a more civilized environment. :-) I'm glad your kids are having fun. My kids haven't caught any snakes yet, but that would sure be a highlight to their day!

I left a comment on your last post about giving you an award, so hop on over soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...