***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ok, Ok, Ok........................

I hear that my blog has been full of fluff and not a lot of filler............ok, I'll try to catch up. This may take awhile. I didn't have anything else to do anyway.........NOT!(I'm showing my age with that one, aren't I?)

Let me sum a few things up before I start. McKaylie's birthday was on Saturday, the 19th, but we had decided to go to Busch Gardens on Saturday and knowing that we wouldn't have time to do the birthday "stuff" we decided to have her cake and ice cream and presents on Friday after school...............

Ok, Friday. The van was in the shop getting the AC fixed. It was suppose to have been done one Thursday, but it wasn't. I spent the morning making cupcakes and getting ready to decorate them. I was right on my "schedule" and not rushed. I realized I needed something from the store and convinced Chad to run to the store with me for a quick trip. We got out of his blazer and heard something........we had run over a nail and the tire was going flat. We could actually hear it! Luckily we were at Walmart and Chad took it around and had them fix it while we ate lunch and spent and extra hour in the store. We rushed home, now I'm behind schedule.........

We call to check on the van, it should be done around 4, right when we're suppose to have McKaylie's bithday party.......the place closes at 6 and I had a dinner to go to with friends at 6, Chad was going to the Tide's baseball game with friends at 7. How are we going to pick up the van and get both vehicles back to the house?????? We decided that I would stay and do the cake and presents with McKaylie and everyone and Chad would drive the blazer over to get the van, pay and get the keys, drive the van home and leave the blazer there. His friends would drop him off after the game to get his blazer. It was a good plan in theory.

Chad left to get the van, we had a nice little party with McKaylie. He missed the whole thing. It was 5, I tried calling him and his cell phone started ringing in the cupboard........he forgot to take it..........then it was 6, then it was 7. His friends had called twice already for him, he was late for his game, I missed my dinner and I had no idea where he was or what was going on. I was worried! He finally came in a little while later. The van wasn't done when he got there and it was a whole ordeal at the car place for him. He wasn't happy, I wasn't happy, we both missed out on our plans and we still had to go back and get the blazer.

Saturday was a great day though! We had a blast at Busch Gardens. It was a good day to go. All the kids went on lots of rides and Chad and I went on some too. We even got Noah on "Escape from Pompeii" (for those of you who know the rides) and "Roman Rapids". We were all completely drenched, but it was a lot of fun! On the way home we stopped and ate at Red Lobster. The waiters put a candle in a piece of cake and sang happy birthday to McKaylie. She loved that. We got home around 10:30PM, completely spent, but happy.

Sunday was church at 1PM and then home for a quick change and then off to Chesapeake to visit some friends. And, for the third time, We had cake and ice cream and sang to McKaylie.....there's nothing like a 3 day celebration!

Monday I had to drop Nutmeg off at the vet first thing (we had her spayed), run McKaylie to school, take care of another 3 errands, and then run home to babysit "J" at noon. "J" left at 3, ran back to the vet to get Nutmeg, then get McKaylie from school, run home to make dinner and wonder why Chad hasn't come home yet. He got home around 5 or 6, had an errand he had to run that night since he was getting underway and needed to go to walmart too. We decided to make it a family trip since it was going to be the only time we ended up having together for Family Home Evening. Yes, that's right, we went to walmart for FHE! It's a sad little house we live in sometimes.

Tuesday Chad left again, which you've already heard about my feelings there. I watched "J" in the morning and then in the afternoon both girls had dentist appointments. Stopped on the way home to get Myshel's hair cut, came home with a splitting head ache, made dinner and went to bed.

Wednesday, I went on a field trip to the zoo with McKaylie's class in the morning. Then ran Noah to speech, came home, and I'm not sure that I accomplished anything else, but I don't feel like I sat down all day.

Today, I've pretty much done nothing and I'm ok with that! I'll post some pictures of Busch Gardens and McKaylie's field trip a little later. Now, do I have an excuse for fluff instead of filler????

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

I think a day of nothing sounds perfect for you :-)

Your favorite sister said...

I am not even going to mention the dinner that you didn't get to come too. :( But it does sound like you had a very loong day. Did you see me on Sat. while you were driving on the freeway? I was driving and recognized the license plate and so I honked at you. Almost ran off the road but...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...