***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Mckaylie made me a little book for mother's day and this poem was in it.






I'm Trying So Hard


I'm trying so hard
To be really good,
And do all the things
I know that I should.



But I'm just a kid, Mom,
I'm messy and slow,
I don't eat my veggies,
And I'll clean my room, I know!



And I don't pick my toys up,
And I don't like my bath,
I'm trying to learn my spelling,
And I need help with my Math.



So, you're stuck with me, Mom,
And I'm a lot of work, I know.
But I'm sure that you will help me
As I learn new things and grow.



I won't always be so messy,
Some day I might be neat.
And then I won't hide my veggies
Every time I eat!



My room might end up tidy,
I won't complain about a bath,
Some day I'll teach you how to spell
And I'll be a genius at my Math.



But that might take a long, long time,
Cause, I'm still a kid you see.
I've got to grow up for awhile,
Then I'll make you proud of me.



So thanks for understanding,
Like Mothers always do,
And for taking me the way I am
I will always love you.

1 Comment:

dawnae said...

oh I love this...I should read it everyday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...