***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Maine, it is....................



I was up late last night, as I often am. I decided to check a few things on the computer before I went to bed. I ended up looking at the housing in Brunswick..................again! I've looked at the navy's housing there many times in the last week. It never changes, but I keep going back to look at that website.

I'm excited to go back to Maine, but there's definitely something in the back of my head nagging at me................why did our orders have to change. I might not ever know the answer to that, but I guess I keep looking to find "peace" with it. I'm past being upset, I think I'm just still frustrated about it all, still. We had a hard time choosing orders to begin with. We just didn't know where we were suppose to be. We would pray about it, a lot, I mean a lot. The only answer we felt like we got was that no matter where we ended up, it would be ok, that there was probably not just one place in particular, not exactly the decisive answer we were hoping for. So, when we chose Rhode Island and everything fell into place, we felt like that was our reassuring answer, things were working out, so this must be where we're suppose to go.

Naturally when they told us we weren't going to Rhode Island we felt thrown for a loop. When Maine was available and we were able to take orders there, we were excited, but still in a daze. Rhode Island had been falling into place with every step, Maine's throwing us stumbling blocks. How could this been where we're suppose to be going. That's where our heads have been for the last week or so, last night, I think I was looking for a little reassuring from somewhere.......................I don't know where.

This picture came up on one of the websites I was on. I think it's Prospect Harbor, but I won't swear to that. Anway, when we lived in Maine before, we would see this house every time we came home from the navy base. I loved this house. I don't know why. I must have seen it hundreds of times and it never got old seeing it. I loved seeing it in the winter when the harbor was frozen over and covered in snow and in the spring when it had flowers all around it. When we were getting ready to move I was so sad that I wouldn't be seeing it anymore. Last night when I saw this picture it brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of all the things I loved about Maine and I went to bed. This morning we got our written orders.

2 Comments:

dawnae said...

I would say that you have your answer to your prayer! It is always frustrating when you get those vague answers. I love that picture too, so peaceful.

Unknown said...

I hope things start falling into place for Maine now that you have your written orders now.

We are still in the Ellsworth Branch. My parents moved to Bucksport several years ago, so they are in our branch :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...